In addition to serving the highest quality products, namely an exceptional Italian ice-cream made according to the traditional manufacturing tradition and mainly Tuscan-made fine foods, Gelateria Santa Trinita® plans to export the Florentine image of its stores worlwide. Specifically, if anyone is interested in opening a franchise branch store of Gelateria Santa Trinita® they will be afforded the opportunity of displaying a piece of Renaissance Florence in a store: the distribution style of the store premises, the medieval-inspired classic fixtures, and the soft, warm hues are distinctive features of every Gelateria Santa Trinita®.
1) Standardized Store Design and Execution
The first-class design of our Gelateria Santa Trinita® stores creates an extremely functional and elegant atmosphere: high-quality furnishings and equipment, together with a simple yet striking design, create an architecturally well-constructed working environment. Our ice-cream stores are determined to spread the artistic image and feeling associated with Florentine Renaissance worldwide, by faithfully reproducing distinctive stylistic elements that can be found both inside and outside the historical palaces of Florence. Every store will have its different decorative elements and will display its own unique character; however, all our branch stores will be tied together by a common thread that will make them easily recognizable as a member of our company. For every location we are asked to consider as a prospective new franchise venue, our architects will carry out an in-depth survey in order to come up with the most functionally advantageous layout for commercial success, the most “work friendly” and comfortable store arrangement for franchisees, the most appropriate and eye-catching architectural image, and finally, the most memorable taste and visual experience for all customers. All lighting fixtures and all necessary equipment for the preparation and conservation of food are elegant features of the store: while providing the indispensable working instruments for store operation, they gracefully blend in with the tasteful architectural design. The “Renaissance” flair is fully supplied by our store building kit, which includes elements in wood, plaster and other materials, and easy-to-follow building guidelines clearly explained by our designers and translated in different languages. In addition, we shall provide full customer support via the Internet to answer any questions or help solve any problems encountered during the construction process. Once the store is fully assembled, and sometimes even during the construction process if the considerable size of the franchise branch store requires it, one of our technicians will carry out a site inspection to assess whether the final execution conforms to the initial project. It is absolutely crucial that the final product is compliant with the original plan: not only is this beneficial for the franchisee, as it guarantees the best possible store image, but it is also important for the entire franchise chain, given it intends to be represented everywhere by stylish and well-fitted stores.
2) Complete setups for ice-cream preparation, conservation and sale area
All equipment needed to prepare ice-cream, all refrigerated storage fixtures and all glass-furnishings for final display and sale of ice-cream are easily inserted in the planned store space. The ice-cream preparation area, where all fresh ingredients are handled and the final product is manufactured, has a standard arrangement, which is then altered in order to adjust to the distinctive needs of each single shop on account of store size and local health regulations. The dimension and amount of production equipment and of refrigerated storage fixtures may change according to the surface of each store devoted to product sale.
A Gelateria Santa Trinita® is synonymous with elegance: for this reason, our franchise branch stores need to have a top notch location, a considerable dimension and wide street-front windows. Indeed, we believe that customers are immediately attracted by elegant, bright and clean store premises. Consequently, we ask for locations with a surface of at least 80-100 sqm that can allow for the following separate and distinctive areas:
1) a sizable display and sale space for ice-cream and similar products (semifreddo, cakes, etc.) directly connected with the customer area by means of two or more, wide and bright glass cases. This is the most important space in the entire ice-cream store and our designers shall focus specifically on enhancing the potential of each prospective branch store in order to obtain a stylish and pleasant setting, in line with the architectural canons of the Florentine Renaissance palazzos.
2) a food preparation space, connected to the sale area and which shall hold all equipment needed in the preparation of ice-cream and derived products; its surface must be no less than 10 sqm., however it may vary according to the size of the entire store, of its manufacturing capability, of local rules and regulations. Said variables will be taken into consideration in each specific case by our designers.
3) a display and sale space for traditional Florentine, Tuscan and Italian foods and sweets: the size of this area may vary according to the value prospective franchisees intend to give to this particular area of store activity. At any rate, we suggest having a space of at least 15-20 sqm., connected with the main sale and customer area, and easily visible from outside through a street-front window. Given it is adjacent to the main customer area, it will follow said area’s design and furnishings.
￼ 4) a number of assorted and accessory back-store spaces, to be separately destined as storage for ingredients and supplies awaiting to be used; as refrigerator space for conservation and storage of all raw materials (milk, cream, fruit, etc.) and of the finished product before it is put out in the display refrigerator; as employees’ changing rooms; and finally, as one or two restrooms.
The pivotal points of our philosophy are: high-quality ingredients and products, and excellent hygiene in all production and customer sale areas. Our long-established experience in this field will be made available to our franchise branch stores and provide essential technical information on correct hygienic handling and operation; on the making of ice-cream and all derived products, after a selective choice of raw materials; on the realization of special recipes, and also, on the best way to present finished products in the glass display. At the beginning of all store activity, we shall supply direct, on-site support, and later follow up with online support; throughout the entire franchise collaboration, we shall provide regular updates on new products, and on new preparation and presentation methods, and also by occasionally sending our representatives directly to the franchise branch store.
In order to open a new Gelateria Santa Trinita® branch store anywhere worldwide, you must:
1) get in touch with our sales office, identify a location in your city that possesses the characteristics listed herein and that is strategically placed from a commercial point of view (historic city center, tourist or seaside localities, etc).
2) send to our technical office (E-Mail....) all illustrative material identifying the location (blueprints, maps, diagrams, etc..) in .dwg format or drawings, so that the dimensions of the spaces may be deduced, together with a detailed digital photo documentation: this will enable our office to outline a first feasibility study of the plan, execute a project layout and calculate a rough estimate for the work. Once the project and the price outline are sent back to the prospective franchisee, the latter must then evaluate, personally or with the assistance of an expert, the compliance of said project with local health, hygiene and building regulations.
3) sign the Agreement with Gelateria Santa Trinita® for the opening of a branch store, in compliance with the time period and costs required by the Agreement.
In order to begin work in the chosen location, to be executed by and at the expense of the franchisee, we shall then deliver all final working plan documents, required to carry out all necessary masonry changes and system fitting (electrical, air-conditioning, etc.), and from that moment on we shall provide constant support via email correspondence and send drawings and explanatory photos to facilitate completion of all work preliminary to the assembly of store furnishings. In the meantime, the franchiser will have sent off the container with all finishing architectural elements (columns, arches, pilaster strips, etc.), all furnishings (furniture, counters, lighting fixtures, etc.) and all ice-cream manufacturing equipment, so as to complete the assembly of the store in compliance with the plan attached to the Agreement. Upon termination of the work, and at times throughout work execution, our technical consultants shall carry out on site inspections, to verify the correct assembly of the store and to make sure it complies with the plan: it is indeed very important for the Company, as well as for the franchisee of the newly opened Gelateria Santa Trinità®, that the store possesses the image and setup of all other branch stores and is thus easily recognizable worldwide.